According to research, in Uganda, 96% of the rural population relies on biomass for cooking and 89-90% of the population does not have a clean cooking stove. About 19,700 Ugandans die every year from exposure to indoor air pollution (IAP).
- Charcoal Dust is being recycled and reused as a fire starter in eco stoves which creates a hygienic environment.
- The use of Eco stove has reduced the dangerous carbon monoxide emissions.
- Reduction of deforestation due to the use of reusable volcanic rocks.
- Eco Group is working closely with farmers , encouraging tree planting
- The two years reusable heat retention stones that come with Eco stove save costs of up to $800+ per year.
- Eco Group has created employment opportunities for a great number of youths at the factory, in sales and administration, distribution, solar assembly, etc.
- With Eco Group's newly mechanized production facility, more affordable eco stoves are available on the market making it more attainable by low-income households.
- Gas & Electric stoves clean energy but are accessible and affordable by 10% of Uganda’s households. Eco stove provides an affordable alternative with the same technological advantages as gas and electronic stoves